Within just a few years, Fortuna has become an established brand among customers, and from the first betting shop, we became a proud international Family of companies carrying the name Fortuna Entertainment Group.
We want to go further and to be known as having the best tech departments offering our employees the usage of modern technologies and be part of many exciting projects. Our new home is the remarkable Churchill II building, which has a view of the whole of Prague. Every detail underlines the company´s corporate culture and represents our values. The workplace layout is 100% ecological, and the building provides ideal conditions for everyday work.
We all work as one team, treat each other with respect, openness, a sense of honour, respect for individual and cultural differences.
Do you want to be one of us?
We are looking for an IT DB Engineer who will be a member of the DBA team. Will be responsible for monitoring and maintenance of FEG databases, especially mission-critical databases. As FEG is working with a large amount of data and frequency of transactions, the good health of DBs is essential. Besides optimization of DBs, the focus of this role is also on security.
This role will work closely with DB developers, IT operations and the DevOps team.
- Install and configure database platform servers
- Administration in public clouds (Azure, AWS)
- Operating System administration (Linux)
- Bringing to life our Open-Source platforms
- Daily automation and scripting (Automation, GIT, CI/CD, API integrations)
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Create database management procedures
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures
- English language level B2
- Knowledge of public clouds (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in system administration at least 3 years (Ubuntu, RHEL)
- Open-Source oriented knowledge
- Proven automation record and scripting knowledge (Ansible, GIT, CI/CD, API integrations)
- Knowledge of management of security solutions
- Previous experience with RDBMS administration (PostgreSQL is a huge plus)
- Knowledge of Unix/ Linux
- Experience with design or implementation of high-availability and high-performance architecture
- Comfortable in a changing technical environment with often incomplete requirements for change
- Keen and willing to continue with ongoing technical self-education, ability to quickly assimilate and understand new technical information
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria plan and electronic meal vouchers
- Discounts and promotions by our partners and Penta group companies (e.g. Dr. Max Pharmacies: Gold Partner)
- Flexible working hours
- Home office possibility
- 5 weeks of vacation
- An interesting and challenging job of a successful international group at the Prague headquarters (informal international teams, communication in English on daily basis)
- No dress code
- Various events for employees (sports and corporate events, internal competition for tickets for sports and social events etc.)
- Brand new offices in the Churchill office complex
- Our café, relaxing zone, gym and great amenities around the office
Italská 2584/69, Praha – Vinohrady
employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
English (Intermediate), Czech (Advanced)