SII Czech Republic is a part of the SII Group, which has been operating for more than 40 years and is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. The Group proudly employs over 10,000 professionals worldwide and is one of the top IT & Engineering services providers. We provide a range of services to our clients in the IT and Engineering fields. We run various projects for leading worldwide companies in multiple industries like Aerospace & Defence, Automotive, Telecommunication, Transportation, and Life & Sciences.
Even with our expansive growth, we still believe people are our most important asset and this is the core of our #FUNgineer concept.
SII’s mission is to accompany its customers through digital transformation; we believe we can achieve this thanks to our Engineering professionals.
Elected Great place To Work 2021, the SII Group was also labelled Happy Candidate and Best Employer 2019 in the High-Tech category by the French prestigious Capital magazine.
What will it be about?
Duties of the appointed resources will include: Main task as Big Data Engineer is to do a whole lifecycle of big data product: i.e. analyze, solution design, development, deployment, documentation creation incl. model and further support. Main languages we are using are Python, Scala, Bash, Python and Spark jobs. Also, you’ll come across of Impala, Hive, Kafka, HBase, Zeppelin, Kerberos and many others. To define architecture patterns and user support incl. training and documentation maintenance is another part of the job.
Short description of Project
Big data team consists of 6 people, mostly Big data Admins. Our platform is mostly distribution of Hadoop by Cloudera. On top of that runs another 30 services. Thanks to them we process it much faster and in bigger volume. As we provide our services to 5 countries. We need to be flexible and ready for change.
- Knowledge of Python and Spark Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Impala and Kafka (we use Cloudera distribution)
- Familiarity with Java and JVM Experience with SQL
- Experience with Scala (not mandatory)
- Understanding NoSQL databases such as HBase Knowledge of working with GIT and GitHub Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
What do we offer:
- friendly, informal team
- individual working conditions - FULLREMOTE, hybrid, onsite
- employee or freelancer
- individual benefit system
- meal ticket
- Multisport card
- Prague public transport card
- 5 weeks holiday + 3 sick days
- contribution for pension ensurance
- Work & Life Balance
- Green Environment & 2022 label #GreatPlaceToWork
- Virtual reality games in our offices and other events
Michelská 1552/58, Praha – Michle
employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
Corporate events, Flexible start/end of working hours, Work mostly from home, Individual budget for personal growth, Holidays 5 weeks, Sick days, Cafeteria, Transport allowance, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Cell phone, Notebook, Refreshments on workplace, Meal tickets / catering allowance